EZ-Spray® Silicone 20 and 22
are sprayable platinum-cure silicones that cure quickly to soft rubbers with high elongation and tear strength. Liquid silicone is sprayed through the EZ-Spray® Junior Cartridge System or SilCon® III Meter Mix and Spray Machine.
After a suitable thickness is attained, EZ-Spray® Silicone 20 cures in about 20 minutes
while EZ-Spray® Silicone 22 cures in about 45 minutes
. EZ-Spray® Silicone cures with negligible shrinkage to strong, durable and flexible finish suitable for production casting of polyester, epoxy or urethane resins, gypsum, concrete and other materials. EZ-Spray® Silicone 20 and 22 silicones are effective for making reusable cost-effective vacuum bags fast for producing composite parts.
Newly fabricated vacuum bags can be removed from the tool assembly in a matter of minutes and be put into production service immediately.
Advantages of Silicone Vacuum Bags:
Read the EZ-Spray® Junior or SilCon® III Equipment Manuals prior to spraying.
- Fast – as low as 4 hours from bag fabrication to part production.
- Cost Effective Production vs. consumable bags.
- Reusable for many parts with different resins. Also suitable for de-bulk.
- Reduce Labor – silicone bag is reset in minutes; no taping or pleating.
- Self-Releasing – no release agents required.
- Perfect Fit even for complex shapes and undercuts.
- Odorless – No solvents or VOC's.
- High Service Temperature – up to 464°F / 240°C.
- Built-in Vacuum Seal.
- Ideal for Wet Lay-Up, Infusion, Pre-Preg (in or out of autoclave), and De-Bulk.
One 1500 ml cartridge (3.75 lbs / 1.7 kg) of EZ-Spray® Silicone 20 will produce a 3.57 square foot (0.33 sq. meters) bag at 3/16" (4.8 mm) thick.
One 5-Gallon unit of EZ-Spray® Silicone 20 & 22 (80 lbs / 36.29 kg) will cover a 76.2 square foot (7.05 sq. meters) area at 3/16" (4.8 mm) thick.
One 55-Gallon drum unit of EZ-Spray® Silicone 20 & 22 (880 lbs / 399.19 kg) will cover a 838.2 square foot (77.55 sq. meters) area at 3/16" (4.8 mm) thick.