Silicone Vacuum Bags are durable & can be re-used time and again resulting in Reduced Labor Costs. Other advantages compared to traditional vacuum bagging materials and techniques include:
- Fast fabrication time – Silicone vacuum bags are ready for production service immediately after full cure of silicone rubber at room temperature.
- Reusablility of the Vacuum Bag – Resulting in reduction of traditional consumables such as bagging film and tacky tapes.
- Self-Sealing Vacuum Bags – Results in Shorter time for bag installation onto tool assembly.
Materials Designed for Making Your Own Vacuum Bags:
| EZ-Spray® Silicone 20 & 22 Platinum Cure Silicone Rubbers are made especially for spray-dispensing through Smooth-On's EZ~Spray® Jr. Spray Gun or SilCon® III Silicone Meter Mix and Spray Machine.|
EZ-Spray® Silicone 20 & 22 have been developed specifically for fabricating reusable silicone vacuum bags and can be utilized in resin infusion, wet lay-up and pre-preg processes inside or outside of autoclave. Silicone vacuum bags can also be used for de-bulking layers of reinforcement prior to resin infusion or cure cycle.
| || EZ-Brush® Vac Bag Silicone is a brushable platinum cure silicone developed especially for fabricating reusable silicone vacuum bags by hand. No spray equipment is required. |
EZ-Brush® Vac Bag Silicone is easy to mix and apply. Mix ratio is 1A:1B by volume and rubber can be applied with a brush or spatula to vertical surfaces without sagging.
| Silicone Vacuum Bags are also Eco-Friendly because they reduce consumption of traditional vacuum bagging consumables resulting in reduced environmental impact. |
Making Re-usable Vacuum Bags Offers Several Advantages:
- Reusable Bags Reduces Labor Costs Up To 90%
- Reusable Bags Can Be Used To Quickly Produce Many Parts
- Easy to Mix and Apply
- Reusable Silicone Bags Resist Attack from Chemically Harsh Resins
- Better Heat Resistance up to 500°F / 260°C
- Non-hazardous; No Odor
- Reusable Bags Are Good for the Environment by Eliminating Consumables Waste