This encapsulated scorpion glows brightly under black light.
Encapso® K is a water clear encapsulation rubber that looks just like water and is ideal for a variety of encapsulation and display applications. Two clear liquids (Part A and Part B) are mixed together in equal amounts. The mixture is then poured around artificial flower stems or over an object.
The mixture turns from a liquid to a solid, soft rubber overnight. When cured, Encapso® K looks just like water and will last a very long time.
Encapso® K Advantages;
• Non-toxic – No dangerous chemicals or fumes generated.
• Absolutely no heat.
• Easy to use – Mix two liquids in equal amounts and pour.
• Cures perfectly clear - Looks just like water.
• Soft, clear rubber lasts a long time.
• UV resistant.
• Cured rubber can be removed from encapsulated object
• Working time is about 1 hour and cure time is 24 hours depending on mass.
• No casting size limitations, although large pours (greater than 3 cubic inches or 50 cm) may take longer than 24 hours to cure.
• Less expensive than other clear materials.
|Applications for Encapso® K - This rubber is perfect for encapsulating artificial flower stems for creating lasting floral displays. |
You can also pour Encapso® K around just about any inanimate object to encapsulate for display. You can also create a variety of display props and novelty items.
Encapso® K can be used to create water/pond effects for small scale model environments. Fully cured Encapso® K can also be crumbled to look like broken glass, diamonds or ice. Add color to Encapso® K with Silc Pig® or Ignite® fluorescent color pigments.
Visit www.smooth-on.com/encapsok for prop and display ideas.