Smooth-On's Mold Making & Casting Seminars continue to be extremely popular.
The two-day sessions at our facility in East Texas, PA, attract a wide variety of attendees from the fields of sculpture, prototyping, jewelry making, concrete casting, law enforcement, archeology, architectural restoration, candle making and special effects. Participants have traveled from Europe, China, Australia, Russia and other parts of the globe to attend.
This is interactive learning at its best! We use slides, video and hands-on demonstrations of various techniques and materials to maximize your learning experience. Questions about your specific projects are always welcome.
You Will Make Your Own Molds and Castings; Attendees select a model to work on in creating their own working mold and then cast into it the next day.
Class size is limited and teacher to student ratio is very low to maximize your learning experience.
Smooth-On provides lunch and light refreshments. Call 800.762.0744 or 610.252.5800 for more information. Due to the popularity of these seminars, slots are booked on a first-paid, first-in basis. Class size will not be increased.
2015 Seminar Schedule
• January 7 & 8 - Sold Out (Public)
February 11 & 12 - Sold Out (Corporate/Private Class*)
• March 11 & 12
• April 15 & 16 - Sold Out (Public)
• May 6 & 7
• June 2 & 3
• September 30 & October 1
• November 11 & 12
• December 2 & 3 - Sold Out (Corporate/Private Class*)
*This session has been purchased by a group or corporation.
|Important; Must be 18 years or older to participate. In demonstrating techniques for mold making and casting, we use aerosol release agents, urethane compounds containing isocyanates and other products that may be harmful to certain individuals. Although we emphasize safety and provide adequate ventilation in our classroom, you should not take this class if you suffer from asthma or other breathing disorders. Also, if you are allergic / sensitized to isocyanates, you should not take this class. |
• What Types Of Materials Are Available For Making Molds?
• How Are These Materials Applied?
• Things to Consider When Making Your Mold
• Different Mold Configurations -- Anticipating problems.
• Review of materials available for making molds.
• Proper use of sealers and release agents.
• Mixing & Pouring -- Proper techniques.
• Making a Block Mold.
• Mixing & Brushing On -- Proper techniques.
• Hands-On: Making a mold of your selected piece.
• "Mold Making & Casting From Around the World"
• Casting Demonstration - Includes:
- Different Materials Available for Casting
- Adding Color Pigments & Fillers
- Cold Cast Bronze & Creating a Marble Effect With Resin
- Rigid & Flexible Foams
• Intermediate Video - Molding the Interior and Exterior of a Model
• Applying Rigid Support Shells to Brushed-On Molds
• Casting Into Your Mold and making your reproduction look like metal, stone, etc.
. . . & Much More
Intermediate and broad-interest related demonstrations will be on going. They include techniques and tips you won't learn anywhere else, life casting and skin effects and much more!
The cost of the intensive 2-day seminar is $450.00 per person.
Smooth-On provides your lunch and light refreshments throughout the day.
There may be a chance that the seminar for which you are applying will be full and unavailable by the time your order is received. If this happens, we will notify you and ask that you select another date.
You are not confirmed in a seminar until you receive a seminar confirmation package from the Smooth-On Seminar Coordinator. Please call 800.762.0744 for more information
We will send you a separate confirmation letter that your place in the seminar is secured. We will also send you additional information about the class, directions, hotels and other information. Start thinking about the model you would like to select to make a mold of and casting into the mold.
Seminar Refund Policy - We limit class size to maximize the learning experience. Once a class is filled, further applications are not accepted. If you cancel your reservation, we will make an attempt to find someone to attend in your place. If we are successful, we will issue you a credit to attend a future seminar. If we are unable to find a replacement attendee, you forfeit your tuition money. Refunds will not be made for any reason.
Important: All seminars are held at:
1725 Willow Lane
East Texas, PA 18046
For information, call (610) 252-5800