Thousands of people from all over the world have attended Smooth-On's two-day training seminars.
Slides, videos and hands-on demonstration introduce you to the basics of mold making and casting in an easy-to-understand format. Attendees make their own molds and castings over the 2-day period. In addition, a variety of our “sideshow” demonstrations and applications will open your eyes to a world of material possibility.
What's It All About? Click to view a short video:
Limited Class Sizes for Maximum Learning Experience
We limit the size of our classes to maximize everyone’s learning experience. Our student to teacher ratio is 1:2 so you are never without someone to guide you. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned user of these materials, you will be inspired and understand why many seminar graduates describe their experience as a "life changing experience."
More Than Just Mold Making and Casting
We will show you a world of material possibility and how these materials can be used for hundreds of applications you never thought possible.
You will use the model that you select during this registration process to create your brush‑on mold. You will also make a one piece block mold using our easy-to-use silicone rubber. If this is at all confusing to you, don’t worry, as we will be supporting you throughout the entire seminar.
- Review of Materials Available for Making Molds
- Model Composition: Proper Use of Sealers and Release Agents
- Model Configurations: Anticipating Problems and Avoiding Disaster
- Mixing & Pouring: Proper Techniques
- Different Techniques Available for Making Pourable Molds
- Mixing & Brushing On: The Right Way and The Wrong Way
- Hands-On: You Will Be Using Material to Make Your Own Molds
Day One Seminar Hours: 7:45am – 5:30pm
5:30pm: After-Seminar Party & Mixer: Join us for hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine, soft drinks, etc. in our game room. Mingle with the entire Smooth-On support team as well as other seminar attendees.
You will finish making your molds started on day one. At the end of the day, you will cast liquid plastic into your molds and create different casting effects for your piece like stone, metal, marble, & more.
- Applications Review of How People Use Materials for much more than just Mold Making, Casting & Beyond
- Casting Demonstrations: Cold Cast Bronze, Cold Cast Marble, Simulated Woodgrain, Color Pigmenting, Foams and Other Casting Effects
- Hands-On: Applying Support Shells to Brush-On Molds
- Demonstrations: Rotational Casting & Intermediate to Advanced Techniques
- Join us for a tour of our 400,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility including a visit to our store to view our oversized Lord of the Rings dragons, Harry Potter figures, Star Wars characters, and more
- Hands-On: Make a two-piece support shell over your silicone rubber mold
- Hands-On: Demold of Original Model From Mold
- Hands-On: Cast Into Your Mold to Make Perfect Reproductions of Your Original Model
Day Two Seminar Hours: 7:45am – 5:30pm
Smooth-On provides lunch and light refreshments. Call (800) 762‑0744 or (610) 252‑5800 for more information. Due to the popularity of these seminars, slots are booked on a first-paid, first-in basis. Class size will not be increased.
|2023 Seminar Schedule|
|April 25th - 26th||Sold Out|
|June 20th - 21st||Spaces Available|
|September 12th - 13th||Spaces Available|
Cost of Seminars per person
- Two Day Hands On Mold Making Seminar - $450.00
Click Here to Purchase Tickets
Smooth-On provides your lunch and light refreshments throughout the day.
There may be a chance that the seminar for which you are applying will be full and unavailable by the time your order is received. If this happens, we will notify you and ask that you select another date.
You are not confirmed in a seminar until you receive a seminar confirmation package from the Smooth‑On Seminar Coordinator. Please call (800) 762‑0744 for more information.
We will send you a separate confirmation letter that your place in the seminar is secured. We will also send you additional information about the class, directions, hotels and other information. Start thinking about the model you would like to select to make a mold of and casting into the mold.
Seminar Refund Policy: We limit class size to maximize the learning experience. Once a class is filled, further applications are not accepted. Refunds will not be made for any reason. If you cancel your reservation, we will make an attempt to find someone to attend in your place. If we are successful, we will issue a credit for you to attend the next seminar at Smooth-On’s sole discretion and subject to availability. If we are unable to find a replacement attendee, your seminar fee will not be refunded. Reservations may only be changed one time.
Important: All seminars are held at
1725 Willow Lane
East Texas, PA 18046
For information, call (610) 252-5800
Click Here for Directions and Map – How to Get to Smooth-On
Visiting Smooth-On? Click Here for Hotel Recommendations
What People Are Saying About Our Seminars… Click Here To Read Testimonials.
Important: Important: Must be 18 years or older to participate. In demonstrating techniques for mold making and casting, we emphasize safety and provide adequate ventilation in our classroom. However, we use materials that may affect certain individuals. If you are pregnant, suffer from breathing disorders (such as asthma) or are sensitized to urethane or epoxy resins, you should not take this class. It is recommended and we request that you wear long pants (no shorts) and close-toed footwear.