Smooth-On announces the opening of its new mold making and casting training facility.
Thousands of people from all over the world have attended Smooth-On's two-day training seminars.
Slides, videos and hands-on demonstration introduce you to the basics of mold making and casting in an easy-to-understand format. Attendees make their own molds and castings over the 2-day period. In addition, a variety of our “sideshow” demonstrations and applications will open your eyes to a world of material possibility.
What's It All About? Click to view a short video:
Limited Class Sizes for Maximum Learning Experience
We limit the size of our classes to maximize everyone’s learning experience. Our student to teacher ratio is 1:2 so you are never without someone to guide you. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned user of these materials, you will be inspired and understand why many seminar graduates describe their experience as a "life changing experience."
More Than Just Mold Making and Casting
We will show you a world of material possibility and how these materials can be used for hundreds of applications you never thought possible.
You will use the model selected during the registration process to create your brush-on mold. You will also make a one piece block mold using our easy-to-use silicone rubber.
- Review of Materials Available for Making Molds
- Model Composition: Proper Use of Sealers and Release Agents
- Model Configurations: Anticipating Problems and Avoiding Disaster
- Mixing & Pouring: Proper Techniques
- Different Techniques Available for Making Pourable Molds
- Mixing & Brushing On: The Right Way and The Wrong Way
- Hands-On: You Will Be Using Material to Make Your Own Molds
You will cast liquid plastic into your molds and create different casting effects for your piece like stone, metal, glitter & others.
- Review of How People Use Materials for Mold Making, Casting & Beyond
- Casting Demonstrations: Cold Cast Bronze, Cold Cast Marble, Simulated Woodgrain, Color Pigmenting, Foams and Other Casting Effects
- Hands-On: Applying Support Shells to Brush-On Molds
- Demonstrations: Rotational Casting & Intermediate to Advanced Techniques
- Hands-On: Demold of Original Model From Mold
- Hands-On: Casting Into Your Own Mold to Make Reproductions
Smooth-On provides lunch and light refreshments. Call (800) 762-0744 or (610) 252-5800 for more information. Due to the popularity of these seminars, slots are booked on a first-paid, first-in basis. Class size will not be increased.
2016 Seminar Schedule
- January 6 & 7, 2016 – Sold Out (Public)
- February 10 & 11, 2016 – Sold Out (Public)
- March 23 & 24, 2016 – Sold Out (Public)
- April 13 & 14, 2016 – Sold Out (Public)
- May 4 & 5, 2016 – Sold Out (Public)
- June 15 & 16, 2016 – Sold Out (Public)
- September 14 & 15, 2016 – Sold Out (Public)
- October 12 & 13, 2016 - Sold Out (Corporate/Private Class*)
- November 2 & 3, 2016 - Moldmaking For Production Casting Of Concrete
- December 7 & 8, 2016 – Sold Out (Corporate/Private Class*)
2017 Seminar Schedule
- January 4 & 5, 2017 – (Public)
- February 8 & 9, 2017 – (Public)
- March 29 & 30, 2017 – Moldmaking For Production Casting Of Concrete
- April 26 & 27, 2017 – (Public)
- May 3 & 4, 2017 – (Public)
- June 14 & 15, 2017 – (Public)
- September 13 & 14, 2017 – (Public)
- November 1 & 2, 2017 - Moldmaking For Production Casting Of Concrete
*This session has been purchased by a group or corporation.
Important: Must be 18 years or older to participate. In demonstrating techniques for mold making and casting, we use aerosol release agents, urethane compounds containing isocyanates and other products that may be harmful to certain individuals. Although we emphasize safety and provide adequate ventilation in our classroom, you should not take this class if you suffer from asthma or other breathing disorders. Also, if you are allergic / sensitized to isocyanates or amines you should not take this class.
The cost of the intensive 2-day seminar is $450.00 per person.
Smooth-On provides your lunch and light refreshments throughout the day.
There may be a chance that the seminar for which you are applying will be full and unavailable by the time your order is received. If this happens, we will notify you and ask that you select another date.
You are not confirmed in a seminar until you receive a seminar confirmation package from the Smooth-On Seminar Coordinator. Please call (800) 762-0744 for more information.
We will send you a separate confirmation letter that your place in the seminar is secured. We will also send you additional information about the class, directions, hotels and other information. Start thinking about the model you would like to select to make a mold of and casting into the mold.
Seminar Refund Policy: We limit class size to maximize the learning experience. Once a class is filled, further applications are not accepted. If you cancel your reservation, we will make an attempt to find someone to attend in your place. If we are successful, we will issue you a credit to attend a future seminar. If we are unable to find a replacement attendee, you forfeit your tuition money. Refunds will not be made for any reason.
Important: All seminars are held at
1725 Willow Lane
East Texas, PA 18046
For information, call (610) 252-5800