Jim Scheetz is Smooth-On’s resident concrete artisan. With over 20 years of experience working in the Decorative Concrete Industry, Jim has done it all – from stamped concrete, to precast countertops, to ornately carved concrete finishes.
In this YouTube Mold Making and Casting Live™ Presentation, Jim will demonstrate and explain the best practices for achieving realistic textures with a carvable concrete overlay material; Buddy Rhodes Vertical Mix™.
Vertical Mix is flame-rated, 30% lighter than other concrete products, hangs up to 4” off a vertical surface without sagging, and is exceptionally strong when cured. Learn about a material that is used to create realistic rockscapes, trees, sculptural elements and themed environments at zoos, aquariums, and amusement parks all
over the world!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Introduction to Mixing, Applying and Carving Buddy Rhodes Vertical Mix Concrete
- Choosing the Proper Substrate for Indoor vs Outdoor Applications
- Priming the Surface for Best Adhesion
- The Right Way to Mix Buddy Rhodes Vertical Mix
- Application Techniques for the Strongest Bond
- Using Flexible Stamps to Create Detail
- Proper Timing for Different Carving Stages
- Different Techniques for Carving Stone vs Carving Woodgrain Finishes
& So Much More!