Kevin McDonald has been Smooth-On’s resin color and post finishing expert for 15-years. He has pioneered resin finishing techniques used today by major movie studios, theme parks, zoos and more.
In this YouTube Mold Making and Casting Live™ Presentation, Kevin will show you what it takes to apply spectacular finished color and other effects to urethane and epoxy castings. Kevin will discuss best practices in considering visual reference, light, shadow and developing a winning plan for finishing your piece.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Basic Painting Principles Such As Surface Preparation, Colors, Values, Chroma (Intensity Of The Color), Highlights, Dark Accents To 3D Art And Final Clear Coatings
- Planning/Supplies - Paints (Acrylic), Brushes, Cups, Water, Rags/Paper Towel, Heat Gun, Primers & Clear Coat Sprays
- Visual Reference Photos To Improve The Painting
- Release Agents Create Problems For Painting Castings
- Working In Layers And Using Clear Coat Sprays Between Layers
- Creating A Base Color: Mix Colorant In Your Casting; Using Primers, Metal Powder And Spray Paint
- 2D Vs. 3D Painting Differences
- Are Highlights Needed? & So Much More!