Smooth-On works with teachers and students at colleges/universities all over the world in an effort to educate people on how liquid rubbers, plastics, foams and other materials can be used for an infinite number of applications.
Smooth-On works with colleges/universities in a couple of ways:
1. Smooth-On is pleased to offer discounts on Smooth-On materials to the college community.
Contact Us for information on qualifying for a Teacher or Student Discount.
2. Smooth-On and Smooth-On distributors will also conduct "how-to" seminars at your venue that will introduce students to:
- The Basics of Mold Making & Casting
- Different materials available for making molds
- Different materials available for casting
- How to be successful using these materials
- How these materials are used around the world
Seminars can run 2 - 4 hours in length and are presented in an easy-to-understand format that includes slides, video and hands-on demonstration of materials. Student questions are definitely encouraged.
Required - minimum of 25 students, maximum of 30 students per class. If the college can provide audio/visual equipment for the broadcast of the seminar onto a large screen, attendance is not limited. Also required: 2 x 8' tables, 1 large garbage can.
Like Smooth-On seminars held at Smooth-On headquarters in Macungie, PA, these college seminars are very popular and are reserved months in advance. Please reserve a seminar at your college/university as far in advance as possible.