Shawn Rutledge, an inventor of unique fishing lures, has found success, and scored some big fish with his lures. Having been an avid fisherman his entire life, his passion for creating fishing lures lead him to the Smooth-On Technical Helpline in search of materials. After considering various options from their product line, Shawn settled on Feather Lite™ lightweight casting resin and Smooth-Cast™ 320 casting resin. He found that a combination of Feather Lite resin and Smooth Cast 320 resin provided the perfect degree of buoyancy needed for his lures. The resins were very easy to use and paint, making his design options limitless.
Shawn started his own company, designing and producing the lures in his backyard, working with Mold Max™ Silicone, Feather Lite lightweight resin and Smooth-Cast 320 casting resin. Since then, he has developed an entire line of lures and gained almost a cult following.
- Custom Fishing Lure designer Shawn Rutledge displays part of his collection made with Feater Lite® resin.
- Feather Lite® is used to create a variety of fishing lures.
- Feather Lite® is easy to tool and finish.
- Feather Lite® can easily be painted or finished.
- Feather Lite® resin is cast into a Mold Max® Silicone Mold.
- Mold Max® silicone and Feather Lite® resin are a perfect, easy to use combination for producing fishing lures.