The aftermarket auto parts industry has grown significantly over the past decade. Increased competition and short lead times have created a demand for faster production methods and techniques. Implementing Smooth-On's vacuum bagging silicone into a resin infusion production method has enabled manufacturers to shorten turn-around time by reducing labor required to tailor the bag and make a part. And because the silicone bag is reusable, the cost of consumables is minimized, if not eliminated.
Making Re-usable Vacuum Bags Offers Several Advantages:
- Reusable Bags Reduces Labor Costs Up To 90%
- Reusable Bags Can Be Used To Quickly Produce Many Parts
- Cured Silicone Rubber Resists Attack from Chemically Harsh Resins
- Heat Resistance up to 500°F / 260°C
- Non-hazardous; No Odor
- Reusable Bag Eliminates Traditional Bag Film Waste