Union City Mirror (Union City, New Jersey) has used PMC®-746 Castable Urethane Mold Rubber for many years to make molds of its intricate and highly detailed furniture molds. Normally, urethane molds don't do well when casting polyester resin but the simple configuration of these molds and the right mold sealer/release has kept these molds in production for years.
PMC®-746 is easy to use (2:1 Mix Ratio by Volume or Weight). It has a low viscosity, which allows the rubber to de-air itself easily. And like all urethane rubbers, PMC®-746 is economical.
- PMC®-746 Urethane Rubber mold ready for casting a complex furniture part.
- With very low viscosity, PMC-746 castable urethane rubber de-airs itself nicely and reproduces perfect detail.
- At a stiff Shore 60A, PMC®-746 castable urethane rubber is perfect for making two-piece furniture molds that maintain their shape and are dimensionally stable.
- PMC®-746 is suitable for casting a variety of materials including wax, gypsum, concrete, urethane resin, urethane foam, urethane rubber, and polyester resin.
- PMC®-746 features a low visosity and flows over long distances for making large production molds.
- PMC®-746 is suitable for making molds for a number of model configurations.