Learn About Making Helmets, Armor, Props, etc. That Last, Adding Color and Special Effects, Coatings for Foams, 3D Prints and More, Common Problems and How to Avoid Them.
You will use pourable mold rubber, brushable mold rubber and mold putty to create multiple molds. You will also create casting effects.
- Review of Materials: Making Molds for Cosplay
- Hands-On: Pour-On Molds of Gems and Medallions
- Review of the Brush-On Moldmaking Techniques for Cosplay
- Hands-On: Brush On Mold of a Pauldron
- Review of Different Casting Techniques for Wearable Cosplay
- Hands-On: Creating a Metal Cold Casting
- Hands-On: Creating Casting Effects with Sparkle and Shine Using Cast Magic™
- Review of Brushing Resin Casting Techniques for Cosplay
- Hands-On: Casting Impact Resistant Armor Pieces By Brushing Resin Into a Mold
After-Seminar Mixer: After Day One, you are invited for food, beer, wine and fun in our game room.
You will cast foams and silicone to create armor and make fabric embellishments, you will also create on-skin wounds and demold your armor pieces and create finishing effects.
- Review of Advanced Mold Making Techniques for Cosplay and Propmaking
- Casting for Cosplay Demonstrations: Foam Coatings, 3D Print Coating, FX Makeup, Epoxy Putties and More!
- Review of Foam Casting Techniques for Cosplay and Propmaking
- Hands-On: Casting Flexible Foam to Create Armor for Easy Movement
- Hands-On: Casting Rigid Foam for Lightweight Durable Props
- Review of Creating Silicone Embellishments on Fabric for Cosplay
- Hands-On: Casting Silicone to Create Flexible Fabric Embellishments
- Hands-On: Creating Wounds Using Skin-Safe Silicone
Limited Class Sizes for Maximum Learning Experience
We limit the size of our classes to maximize everyone’s learning experience. Our student to teacher ratio is 1:2 so you are never without someone to guide you. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned user of these materials, you will be inspired and understand why many seminar graduates describe their experience as a "life changing experience."
Smooth-On provides lunch and light refreshments. Call (800) 762-0744 or (610) 252-5800 for more information. Due to the popularity of these seminars, slots are booked on a first-paid, first-in basis. Class size will not be increased.
|2021 Cosplay Seminar Schedule Dates Coming Soon|
Cost of Seminars per person
- Two Day Cosplay Seminar - $450.00
Smooth-On provides your lunch and light refreshments throughout the day.
There may be a chance that the seminar for which you are applying will be full and unavailable by the time your order is received. If this happens, we will notify you and ask that you select another date.
You are not confirmed in a seminar until you receive a seminar confirmation package from the Smooth-On Seminar Coordinator. Please call (800) 762-0744 for more information.
We will send you a separate confirmation letter that your place in the seminar is secured. We will also send you additional information about the class, directions, hotels and other information.
Seminar Refund Policy: We limit class size to maximize the learning experience. Once a class is filled, further applications are not accepted. Refunds will not be made for any reason. If you cancel your reservation, we will make an attempt to find someone to attend in your place. If we are successful, we will issue a credit for you to attend the next seminar at Smooth-On’s sole discretion and subject to availability. If we are unable to find a replacement attendee, your seminar fee will not be refunded. Reservations may only be changed one time.
Important: All seminars are held at
1725 Willow Lane
East Texas, PA 18046
For information, call (610) 252-5800
Important: Important: Must be 18 years or older to participate. In demonstrating techniques for mold making and casting, we emphasize safety and provide adequate ventilation in our classroom. However, we use materials that may affect certain individuals. If you are pregnant, suffer from breathing disorders (such as asthma) or are sensitized to urethane or epoxy resins, you should not take this class. It is recommended and we request that you wear long pants (no shorts) and close-toed footwear.