This 3-day course combines our popular mold making for concrete class and the Intro to Buddy Rhodes Concrete Products seminar into one fully immersive materials training.
You will learn mold making techniques from the Smooth-On concrete technical team. You will also work side by side with the original concrete artisan, Buddy Rhodes. Hands-on projects, slideshows, videos, and group discussion will introduce you to the basics in an easy to understand format.
What's It All About? Click to view a short video:
Highlights of Mold Making Training Sessions
- Preparation: Setting Up Shop, Equipment, Safety, Production & More
- Learn About Mold Design and Construction
- Choosing the Right Mold Material for Your Project
- Experience Both Brush-On and Pourable Mold Rubber Options
- Proper Material Handling for Mold Rubber and other Smooth-On Products
- How to Choose the Right Sealing Agent & Release Agent Based on Model Composition & Mold Material Selection
- Demonstration of Smooth-On’s Meter Mix Machine for Large Scale Mold Production
- Overview of Templating and Form Building for Concrete Countertops, Furniture and other Decorative Projects
Highlights of Concrete Casting Training Sessions
- Overview of Concrete Mix Design Basics & Buddy Rhodes Concrete Products
- Product Selection: What Mix Is Right for You and Your Project?
- Learn the Buddy Rhodes Signature Press Technique Using Craftsman Mix
- Experience Spraying Glass Fiber Reinforced Concrete (GFRC)
- Learn How to Properly Mix, Modify and Cast ECC Blended Mix
- Try Your Hand at Carving Buddy Rhodes Vertical Mix
- Learn How to Use the Buddy Rhodes Color Wheel, Including Integral Pigments and Topical Glazes, to Achieve Unique Color Finishes
- Using Plasticizer, Reinforcements and Other Additives
- How to Attain Maximum Strength through Proper Curing Techniques
- Achieving the Perfect Finish: Sanding, Honing, Wet vs Dry Polishing
- Sealers: Learn How to Choose the Sealer That’s Best for Your Project
Limited Class Sizes for Maximum Learning Experience
We limit the size of our classes to maximize everyone's learning experience. You are never without someone to guide you. Whether you are a beginner or already experienced with concrete, you will be inspired and understand the way these artisan materials can make you successful. Use the knowledge you gain to make a DIY project or help start an artisan concrete business. Bring Your Questions. Let’s Discuss Your Project.
You Will Mix and Make Your Own Molds and Concrete Castings
We will complete various individual and group projects and the concrete team will guide you as you learn and discuss the basics of mold making and concrete casting. You will learn not only the best practices, but also common mistakes and how to avoid them.
Smooth-On provides lunch and light refreshments. Call (800) 762‑0744 or (610) 252‑5800 for more information. Due to the popularity of these seminars, slots are booked on a first-paid, first-in basis. Class size will not be increased.
|2021 Seminar Schedule Dates Coming Soon|
Cost of Seminars per person
- Mold Making for Concrete & Buddy Rhodes Concrete Casting Seminar - $895.00
Smooth-On provides your lunch and light refreshments throughout the day.
There may be a chance that the seminar for which you are applying will be full and unavailable by the time your order is received. If this happens, we will notify you and ask that you select another date.
You are not confirmed in a seminar until you receive a seminar confirmation package from the Smooth-On Seminar Coordinator. Please call (800) 762‑0744 for more information.
We will send you a separate confirmation letter that your place in the seminar is secured. We will also send you additional information about the class, directions, hotels and other information.
Seminar Refund Policy: We limit class size to maximize the learning experience. Once a class is filled, further applications are not accepted. If you cancel your reservation, we will make an attempt to find someone to attend in your place. If we are successful, we will issue you a credit to attend a future seminar. If we are unable to find a replacement attendee, you forfeit your tuition money. Refunds will not be made for any reason.
Important: All seminars are held at
1725 Willow Lane
East Texas, PA 18046
For information, call (610) 252-5800
Important: Important: Must be 18 years or older to participate. In demonstrating techniques for mold making and casting, we emphasize safety and provide adequate ventilation in our classroom. However, we use materials that may affect certain individuals. If you are pregnant, suffer from breathing disorders (such as asthma) or are sensitized to urethane or epoxy resins, you should not take this class. It is recommended and we request that you wear long pants (no shorts) and close-toed footwear.