Accel-T® is a one-component additive that will reduce the cure time of Smooth-On tin cure silicone rubber compounds, in proportion to the amount added, from overnight to a few hours. Accel-T® is added as a percentage of part B, before adding Part A.
IMPORTANT: Working time (pot life) is drastically reduced in proportion to the amount of Accel-T® added. The viscosity of the rubber will also increase. Mix, vacuum and pour quickly.
IMPORTANT: Thoroughly Pre-mix Accel-T® with Part B before adding Part A. Adding Accel-T® will reduce the library life of tin-cured silicone rubber in proportion to the amount added.
Safety – Use in a properly ventilated area ("room size" ventilation). Wear safety glasses, long sleeves and rubber gloves to minimize contamination risk. Store and use all products at room temperature. This product has a limited shelf life and should be used as soon as possible. Wear gloves and eye protection to minimize risk of contamination.
All components must be measured using an accurate gram scale.
1. Determine the total amount of rubber required for your application. Calculate the correct amounts of Part A, Part B and Accel-T® in advance.
2. Weigh out the required amount of Part B
3. Weigh out and add the required amount of Accel-T® as a percentage of the Part B. Mix Part B and Accel-T® thoroughly.
4. Weigh out and add the required amount of Part A.
5. Mix thoroughly, eliminating all color streaks from the mixture.
6. Pour mixture into new, clean mixing container and mix again.
7. Vacuum material (29 h.i.g. mercury) as directed on the silicone rubber technical bulletin.
8. Pour rubber into containment field, let rubber rise over model.
Because no two applications are quite the same, a small test application to determine suitability for your project is recommended if performance of this material is in question.
IMPORTANT: Working time (pot life) is drastically reduced in proportion to the amount of Accel-T® added. Viscosity of rubber will also increase. Mix, vacuum and pour quickly.