Albert Alfaro Jr.'s interest in ventriloquism was sparked very early in life while watching the legendary "Paul Winchell-Jerry Mahoney Show". He was mesmerized by Paul Winchell's pint sized pal, Jerry Mahoney and became enamored with the idea of making something inanimate, appear to be alive. At age 5 Albert began to make his own puppets out of common household items. Albert's passion, lead him to an array of different puppets, from sock puppets to marionettes. By the age of 17, Albert made his first ventriloquist figure out of wood, from then on, he took great interest in learning all aspects of ventriloquist dummy making.
Albert Alfaro Jr.'s Process For Creating Figures.
Now, as a professional ventriloquist figure maker, Albert continues to strive for the highest level of excellence in every aspect of his work. Albert skillfully sculpts each character in clay then molds them with Mold Max® 30 silicone mold rubber. The heads are then cast withFeather Lite® light weight casting resin. Hands and other accessories are cast using Smooth-Cast® 300 casting resin.
To view more of Albert's creations, please visit his website at http://www.imaginariumgalleries.com/
- Mr. Goldberg was cast with Smooth-Cast® 300 resin, and So-Strong® Flesh tint.
- Facial features and shading are easily painted onto the Smooth-Cast® 300 casting resin.
- The body and head of Wenzel the dragon are cast with Feather Lite® light weight casting resin into Mold Max® silicone rubber molds.
- Mold Max® silicone mold rubber captures every detail of the original sculpture, which is then perfectly replicated by the Feather Lite® light weight casting resin.
- The Undertaker is another representation of the skill and detail created by Albert with Smooth-Cast® 300 casting resin.
- The Mold Max® silicone rubber is strong and flexible enough to handle even these severe undercuts.
- Close up of The Undertakers hands created with Smooth-Cast® 300 casting resin in a Mold Max® silicone mold.
- Denis the Menace, created with Smooth-Cast® 300 resin, is strong and durable enough to withstand the rigors of traveling the country in a suitcase.
- This closeup of Denis shows the perfect skin detail reproduced by the Smooth-Cast® 300 resin and So-Strong® Flesh tint.
- Mold Max® silicone rubber and Smooth-Cast® 300 casting resin easily captures and reproduces the most intricate of details as shown by Weeblee the Aliens head.