How To Make a 1‑Piece Silicone Cut Mold
Mold Star® 15 is perfect for experienced mold makers or people just starting out. It is an easy to use silicone rubber that offers performance other mold making rubbers do not:
- Easy To Use – the mix ratio is 1A:1B by volume… no weighing scale necessary.
- No Vacuum Degassing Necessary – Unlike other platinum silicones, Mold Star® de-airs itself resulting in bubble-free molds.
- Long Working Time – Pot life is 50 minutes at room temperature, offering time to make molds of large models.
- High tear strength and other great performance properties.
- Minimal long term shrinkage.
- Very long library life of many years.
Fully cured rubber can be used to cast low-temperature melt metal alloys, urethane, epoxy or polyester resins, wax, plasters or concrete.
Important: Mold Star® 15 cannot be used with modeling clays containing sulfur. Even if the model is sealed.
Materials Used in this Tutorial
- Mold Star 15
- Smooth-Cast ONYX
- Hot Glue
- Ease Release 200
- Mold Strap
- Paint Brush
- Mixing Containers
- Mixing Sticks
Smooth-On Inc will be closed Mon - Tue, Dec 24th
in observance of Christmas. Resuming normal operations on Wednesday, Dec 26th